The course at ELAM has been designed in conjunction with the creative industries to ensure all Trainees have the skills, knowledge and portfolio of work they need to enter the creative industries when they finish ELAM. There are two main courses at ELAM, Music and Digital Media. Trainees on both these course will take the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma which is the equivalent to 3 A-Levels in UCAS Points and contact time. In addition to either of these qualifications, all Trainees study Maths and English as the skills developed in both are critical for success in the creative industries. The level at which Trainees study Maths and English depends on their starting level upon entry. We offer A-Levels, AS Levels, Level 3 Qualifications and GCSEs in both Maths and English.
In addition to these rigorous qualifications, all Trainees get extensive and direct access to the professional industries through weekly masterclasses, a unique mentoring programme and unparalleled work experience opportunities.
Underpinning all of this are the ELAM "Core Values" which we believe are the key to long term and sustained success of our Trainees. We consistently see how the demonstration of these values are the key to success in everything at ELAM for both Trainees and staff, we therefore try to live, breathe, eat and sleep our Core Values.
Details on each course
BTEC Level 3 Music and Media Extended Diploma Qualifications: (Click on the icon for more details)
Mathematics and English Pathways (Click on the icon for details)
- Ages: 16 – 19 years
- Overall Qualification Level: 3
- Programme length: 2 years
- Study mode: Full time ¦ Monday-Friday ¦ 08:50 – 15:40 (17:30 extended day)
Qualifications contained in Programme:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (Film and Television, Games Development or Music and Media Promotion).
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music.
- Trinity Performance grades 1 – 8
- English & Maths GCSE
- Extended Project Qualification
- Level 3 Core Maths - OCR Quantitative Reasoning (MEI) Level 3 Certificate
- English & Maths A-Level
Fees: None (not available to international students)
- ELAM does not have set grade boundaries for applying and will assess each applicant to the Music Programme on a case-by-case basis. See our admissions policy for more details.
Within your application form and at the ELAM assessment day you will need to show that you have the following personal skills:
- Collaboration – You can build relationships and work with others.
- Excellence – You can complete work to a high standard.
- Innovation – You are adventurous and creative when working.
- Integrity – You are open, honest and respectful.
- Drive – You are proactive and take opportunities.